Boomtown 2019 tickets are on sale right now! Excitement is starting to build for next years festival. This year there are a record 22 different types of entry ticket, so I know you have a lot of questions. Source is going to try and answer some of them here!
When and where do tickets go on sale?
Ticket’s went on sale at 7pm on Thursday the 1st of November 2018. 20,000 tickets were sold in the first 2 hours, a new record! Boomtown 2019 is well on course to totally sell out, so don’t delay too long.
The only official place to buy tickets is at theticketsellers. All the latest pricing, booking fees and ticket availability can be found on their Boomtown 2019 ticket order page. There is also accommodation, car parking, travel, and a whole host of extras for you to peruse.
Never buy tickets from unofficial sources or bad things can happen.
What is the difference between the numbered tiers?
Only the price. Ticket’s are cheaper to those who buy them the furthest in advance, in order to generate some hype and momentum around ticket sales. It also rewards loyal fans of the festival, who want to lock in for next year early before hearing the lineup. And it helps the festival out too, with some cash flow to help get the acts booked, and the elaborate sets built.
What is the difference between public transport and standard tickets?
You have to arrive by public transport to use a public transport ticket. Your ticket will be validated, and if you don’t arrive by public transport, you’ll have to pay the difference at the box office. Only buy a public transport ticket if you’re actually planing to arrive by coach or train.
It’s environmentally conscious, avoids the hassle of needing to drive home hungover, and you save some money on your ticket too. Public transport tickets can also include entry on Wednesday totally free of charge.
What’s the deal with Wednesday tickets?
Everyone with a public transport ticket, or a Boomtown Springs ticket can arrive on Wednesday at no extra cost. If you are coming by car, you can arrive on Wednesday for £20 extra per person, but you need to car share with at least 3 of you in the car. Wednesday arrival is meant to help ease the traffic conditions, so please help by car sharing.
New for 2019, all campsites are now open on Wednesday except for Campervan East, which will open on Thursday.
All other campsites open at midday on Thursday. You can check my guide to all the different campsites if you find all of this a tad confusing.
What about my campervan?
Tickets cost £100 again this year, and there is a brand new campervan field close to Sector 6. Tickets were hard to come by last year, but the brand new field for 2019 should increase availability. You need to select which campervan you want to stay in at time of purchase, so consult the map and choose wisely.
- Campervan South is in the same location as last year, and is open from Wednesday.
- Campervan East is the new location near to Sector 6, and is open from Thursday.
- Campervan Meadow is only for those with accessibility needs or disabilities, and is open from Wednesday.
- Campervan Family is for families with children, and is open from Wednesday.
Car parking tickets?
All car parking is £26, regardless of which day you arrive, and which car park you use. You will be directed to a car park upon arrival, please follow the directions given on signage and by the stewards. If you follow your sat-nav instead of the instructions, you will get lost. Trust.
Car parking tickets are only on sale until the 21st of June 2019, so don’t leave this until the last minute.
What is an ecobond?
£10 will be added to the cost of every Boomtown 2019 ticket. No matter if you have the cheapest ticket, or a luxury Boomtown Springs pass. Everyone has a responsibility to clean up their own mess. And when you hand in a bag of your rubbish/recyclables at the end of the festival, your £10 will be returned.
Day tickets, ID, and under 18’s
- Day tickets are not available, but you can buy a weekend ticket and only come for a smaller part of the festival if you prefer.
- The name on the ticket must match your ID. ID checks are now strictly enforced, so don’t chance it.
- Only adults can be admitted with an adult ticket and ID is strictly checked. If you are under 18, you need the correct ticket, and to be accompanied by an adult.
Boomtown Springs vs Camp Skylark
What on earth is going on with Boomtown Springs and Camp Skylark, and what is the difference? Boomtown Springs is a special VIP ticket, sold separately to standard festival tickets. Camp Skylark is an add on to your standard festival ticket, providing pre-pitched camping and glamping options.
You can find the locations of Boomtown Springs and Camp Skylark on the map I made for Boomtown 2019.
In 2018, Boomtown Springs included a £100 bar tab to spend at the festival. In 2019, the £100 bar tab is no longer a feature of Boomtown Springs, and the price has been reduced by £85 to compensate.
- You need a special Boomtown Springs ticket costing £395, instead of a standard entry ticket.
- You can bring your own tent along, or pay extra for pre-pitched accommodation.
- It includes exclusive parties, bars, food outlets, outdoor swimming pool, character appearances… It’s a fully fleshed out VIP area, where you can become more closely involved with the Boomtown story line and it’s characters.
- It has luxury loo’s, shower’s, pamper areas, etc.
- You can arrive on Wednesday at no extra cost.
- You need a standard festival entry ticket of any type, and then an additional Camp Skylark wristband costing £50.
- There is a wider selection of accommodating types compared to Boomtown Springs, or you can bring your own tent.
- The provision is more basic than Boomtown Springs, focusing on providing just a private area with showers and loos, rather than an all singing and dancing VIP area
- NEW: Now open from Wednesday too! You need a Wednesday ticket upgrade though.
Boomtown 2019 ticket prices:
If you are too lazy to click the link to theticketsellers, and just want to know all the price levels for Boomtown 2019 tickets right now, here is a quick run down of the main options.
Travelling by public transport is heavily encouraged to help the planet. Doing so will result in a reduced price ticket, and a whole extra free day at the festival on Wednesday.
4 day standard tickets for car users:
-Tier 1: £199 (sold out)
-Tier 2: £224 (sold out)
–Tier 3: £234 (sold out)
-Tier 4: £244
-Upgrade to 5 day ticket: +£20 (3+ must car share)
4 or 5 day public transport saver tickets:
-Tier 1: £189 (sold out)
-Tier 2: £219 (sold out)
-Tier 3: £229
-Upgrade to 5 day ticket: Free
Boomtown Springs VIP camping district:
-5 day ticket: £395
Tickets for under 18’s:
Teen 13-17: £189
Chile 0-12: Free
All under 18’s must be accompanied by someone over 30.
Most tickets are subject to a £7.50 booking fee, and £10 refundable ecobond, returned when you hand in a bag of litter/recyclables at the end of the festival.
See you at Boomtown 2019…
Hopefully by now you know which Boomtown 2019 tickets you need to buy. If you’ve got any more questions you think should be answered, let Source know on my social media channels at Facebook and Reddit.